Friday, March 24, 2006

Criticism

One thing, I really have a problem with is criticism. Oh, I can do the criticism. That I can do. It is too easy (but that's not today's point!) Receiving it, well that's another story. Therefore, today, from now on, I thought I need to take it like a mature, grown person. I don't want it to bother me so much. How do I do that? Well I started reading up on the subject and this is what I gathered.
This is what criticism does to you.
  • Criticism is nothing more that an observation made by another person, one that we do not necessarily agree with.

  • Criticism is directed at our actions and the way we think.

  • Criticism makes us defensive and wanting to justify our actions. It makes us want to point the finger and so on...

  • Our defense mechanism takes an enormous amount of mental energy, which usually leaves us angry, hurt, and with negative feelings towards the other person.

No comments: