Sunday, May 07, 2006

Human resist to change

All of us are resistant to change, whether it's in using a different tool, a technique a choice in partners, or lifestyle.
The ones that resist the most have big labels like, orthodox, traditionalist, and extremist. They are the defenders of the faith, of the known, and of the accepted.
Some of the rest of us are followers, disciples, and supporters; we are the middlemen, the ones that support the orthodox, the traditionalist and the extremist because after all without us what would these people be defending. We are the ones the cast the deciding votes for this group and the next group which are the leaders, the explorers and the visionaries.
All of these people are grouped together on a small planet with intention, it didn't happen by accident. What we are doing is creating chaos, and what chaos does, is drive us to create order or make sense of what it is we are doing.
In my day job, I am paired up with all of these kinds of people every day in their homes and I may spend as long as two hours in conversation with them.
I understand that those that I bring into my life represent opportunities for change and I bring them to me deliberately for purpose of change. I also know that I will not always recognize them as such. I know that opportunity always knocks more than once and that I live in choice and freedom that is unconditionally mine by my very nature as a spiritual human being. This one area flows easily from me without all the resistance. Symbols of resistance are acknowledgements for me that I can relate to and move past from awareness of their existence, and they do not need to be changed or ignored, but simply noticed as I would notice a turn in my path or a pothole in the road.
Resistance may be a human condition, but it is also spiritual because that is what we are, and it has purpose.

No comments: